Time certainly does fly when you are having fun! In fact, this whole week we were on Spring Break and I am shocked by how quickly the week has come to an end. Backpacks are packed and ready to start a fresh week of school. Dinners are mapped out for the week, and both Mike and I are sad to see our time off come to an end.
We had a great week. Nothing fancy - just a simple week together as a family to recenter ourselves and enjoy each other's company. Sure, warmer temps would be have been ideal, but we made the most of our week and trust that soon enough Spring will indeed arrive.
When I asked them their favorite memory of the week, it was unanimous - our trip to Schwebel's Bread in Solon, OH. While there, we toured the factory (hairnets and all!) and watched the entire process - from dough to packaging!
Thursday they were making hamburger buns. The kids' eyes were so large as they watch the fine oiled machines and conveyors work effortlessly to make bread for consumers. (I must admit that Mike and I were fascinated by the process ourselves!) The tour even ended with the excitement of walking into the back of an actual semi truck being loaded for delivery. Now, anytime we pass a truck on the highway, Linc quickly announces, "Hey, I was in the back of one those at Schwebels!" We each left with a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread that morning!
So, dinner that night was easy - we celebrated our day with PBJ on the special bread... something Mike and I have learned over the years: simple treasures are often the sweetest!


No comments:
Post a Comment