It is exciting to send the care packages to our soldiers each month, but to be honest - it is even more exciting to get emails from them after our packages arrive! Here is the wonderful letter we received today that left us all beaming ear to ear!
Hello Adams family how are you doing?
I hope you guys are doing good back in Ohio. Well first I just want to let you know the Adams family is very popular in my platoon and that is a good thing. We were gone from our mail patrol base for two weeks to do a mission and we got back today. On the way back everyone was happy, because there was mail waiting for us and my platoon was all hoping that the Adams family sent us another box. As you see I said us because I share it will all my Marines in my platoon. I just thought that was the cutest thing that everyone knows the Adams family so I had to let you know that you guys are popular in Afghanistan!
Once we got back I saw that there was package from the family and my entire platoon gathered around and I started to share what was in the box, but I had to keep the pepperoni, lol. We loved everything that was in the box especially the Uno card because its going to keep us occupied. Even the bubbles made us happy and we were just blowing them around having fun. Also, the squeezable applesauce was a good choice and thank you for the wipes.We really use a lot of wipes out here because there is no running water therefore we cannot take showers. In the letter it said Mike enclosed the magazines for us so please give Mike a big hug for us and two thumbs up. :)
Please tell the kids thank you for the drawings and tell Lexi I was able to find the face, cellphone, and the star in the drawing. Those pictures really made our day.
Once again thank you very much for the care packages and thank you for supporting our troops. If I ever get a chance to visit Ohio, I have to stop by. Whenever I get a chance I'll try and send some more pictures of us. THANK YOU ADAMS FAMILY.OORAH AND SEMPER FIDELIS

No comments:
Post a Comment