| Farmer Lincoln in heaven |
Early April we were given the opportunity to visit with the Rose's. This is our surrogate farming family, for those of you have not heard us go on and on about Farmers Bob and Saundra, in person. Mike and I believe this may be the most warm and welcoming couple we have come across in our lives so far. I would even venture to say, that we hope that as our home continues to establish itself, it is our hope that some day others will speak so highly of us. Any time spent in PA at Golden Hill Farms, with these friends, is always something the kids talk about for days on end! We all come home with new knowledge, fascinating stories, and simple, yet awe inspiring experiences.
[Making mental note to learn how to post our video of Linc baling hay with Farmer Bob this past year.]
| Ella combing the calf |
The kids were also given the opportunity to brush and feed a calf, that was several months old. (I will post pics tomorrow.) Lexi and Ella were fascinated by this and Ella will still randomly bring up this experience on occasion. Truly, these trips are memory makers and keepers! =)
| Lexi feeding the calf |
The kids learned how to play Chinese Checkers with Saundra, and are itching to play here at home as well. Only, one little problem - I can't find our game set. I know I own one, but since the flock moved into the basement, I can't access all the shelving like I used to be able to. The rain won't stop long enough to allow us time to complete construction of the run for them, so the shelves and Chinese Checkers will have to wait a tad bit longer. After all, patience is a virtue, right?
Bob and Saundra if you are reading this - thank you! Thank you for letting us take your time on a lovely Saturday. Thanks you for the delicious warm meal, the time spent with the us, the great conversation, and the memories we created! We look forward to future visits and we look forward to attempting Maple tapping like we spoke about! The Adams5 will try anything once - how else will we be able to say to the kids "Oh, remember when we ....?" Mike and I have so many good laughs thanks to this motto that leads our life! We have gotten into our fair share of mishaps, yet have experienced no regrets, and almost always make life altering discoveries when it comes to finding our lives' passions!
No comments:
Post a Comment